Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Infant Study

This is the onesie she got for helping.






Today Kori and I went to UNLV for her to participate in an infant study. When I was approached about participating in this I jumped at the chance. They were going to be testing her learning capabilities, musical capabilities, and how intelligent she is. I was very interested, and thought it would be fun.
So first they just watched her play with various toys they had there. Blocks and things like that. Then they showed her a couple of videos to see how she learned from them, and how well she followed along with them. Then she played again.
The results were very interesting. She is highly intelligent! They said that for a typical nine month old she is very very advanced! She learns things quickly and remembers them well. I already knew that one, all I have to do is show her something once or twice, and she can do it. And, she is very musically inclined. She knows how to pick out the beat of a song already! That's a cool thing....seeing as how I still have trouble keeping a beat, and I can read music! LOL

It was a lot of fun for both of us to participate in this study. They gave her a cute little onesie at the end, to thank her for participating. I couldn't get any pictures of her during the actual tests, but, I did snap a couple of her just playing afterward.

No comments:

Followers