Well, my life has certainly taken a drastic change over the last week. Matthew and myself have become "parents" to a 18 year old boy. Thats right. We always said we wanted to foster children, and eventually adopt....I just didn't think it would be this soon or for a kid this old.
Ryan, is a neighbor kid of ours that was in desperate need of some help. I guess that is why we are still in Las Vegas. We have been praying for months for our move to Utah to happen. The Lord knows whats best for us. I have spent this week trying to get Ryan set up in our house. I took him for a haircut, bought him clothes, and tried getting him signed up for school. He hasn't been in High School since middle of his Jr. year!!
Life in the Tripp house is quite different from a week ago. I just hope we can do our best for him, and mold him into a great young man.
1 comment:
Wow. That's quite a responsibility. How did this all come about? I think it's very brave of you and Matt and I know the Lord will bless you for helping him out.
Post a Comment